Friday, July 20, 2012

My DIY cord - Nautical inspired


Hola!! As promised, I will now share my DIY nautical inspired wedding cord.... :D

Sorry but I don't have a step by step instructions on how I made it because it's just a piece of cake..I just did some tying and sewing....hahaha

I wanna create something with a nautical feel for this one to match our Nautical/Chevron theme for our wedding in Mexico....so here's what I came up with.....

My DIY cord
I initially wanted to use colored ropes for this but since I'm based in the province it's quite difficult to find materials here....so what I did is just make one out of baker's twine...
here's the materials I've used:

20 yards each of yellow and blue baker's twine - P330.00 ( i ordered online so it goes with the shipping fee)
yellow and deep blue buttons- P20.00 for 60 pieces
assorted stainless/silver charms/pendants - P180.00 (all)
yellow and blue threads- from granny's sewing box :p
mighty bond- from the household 

Total cost : P500.00

Here's a closer view of my DIY cord...

cross in the middle

steering wheel charm in the middle that bind both loops

stainless anchor

girl and boy charm ( for me it's cute) I put it in the end of each loop

another anchor charm (silver)

symbol of LOVE :D

angel with heart charm 

blue buttons I sewed in  yellow loop
yellow buttons I sewed in  blue loop

I so love the combination of our motif :D
That's it pansit!!

I hope you like it! :D

Note: This cord is also inspired by the DIY  bouquet of a w@w sissy (Michelle ni Jay) who is my cheerlearder for this DIY. ;) -Gracias Sis! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

shoot me a message!